Sometimes you just have to see for yourself. Now, I'm not the type that enjoys roughing it by any means; but if you're going to write about something, you've got to get in there and really experience it first-hand. Now that ROLLINGAROUND IN THE LIGHT OF THE SON is presently being published as I type; It's time to start my next book. After all, I told you, I don't let grass grow under my wheels! Therefore, OUT OF THE DARKNESS has just been conceived. Due to my fascination with the lives of the homeless; this next writing period of my life has been dedicated to breaking down stereotypes, myths and misunderstandings of the Homeless.
Most of my friends and avid readers are already aware that I've begun doing some research. Yes, I've taken it to the streets on several occasions. I feel like the "Are you crazy!" and "What were you thinking?" statements have died down some and I can start gearing up for my next hands-on experience. I almost feel like I need to put a little footnote here *** No animals or persons were injured in this experience. I assure you that at all times, I am safe and never in any immediate danger. Sleeping in a one-man tent under the stars is actually breathtaking!
I remembering catching just a few hours of sleep the night before Taking it to the Streets. Apprehensive, excited and a bit intimidated by the prospect of the adventure that lie ahead of me; I couldn't wait to get out there. Blanket..check, sleeping bag...check, medications...check, clothes; worn and tattered; I was set to go. So after a nutritious breakfast, my husband dropped me off with my friend, Steven, to begin research on my next project. I was more than ready. Picking up the trailered bike, placing the dog in her safe spot; we were off. Off to the bicycle path to pray!
No comments:
Post a Comment