I was thanking God for my healing this morning and really happy that it was Sunday; the day that is set aside for Worship in the Elwood household. Of course, everyday is a day of Worship when you walk with The Lord. Sunday is always the best and I start getting excited about it starting on Thursday afternoon. So I'm thinking about how glorious it will be to join other believers in Standing in The Word Church and I'm struck by the fact that I'm not feeling as much pain as usual. I'm also surprised as I prepare myself that my knees aren't as calloused as they use to be either. Not that I'm on them praying; but my mode of getting from one place to another, would normally be to crawl or ride the wheels. Crawling on your knees instead of using your feet can be a bit hard on knees, especially rug burn!
So, if you haven't heard, I've been blessed by being healed in slow, but steady, increments. Just small things like walking farther with my walker, tiring less easily, and being able to be understood much easier by my family and even strangers. My depression is completely healed, much to the financial ruin of my doctor (He'll make it without me!). I have lots to be thankful for and so as I whisper a prayer of thanksgiving, I'm reminded of a verse in the New King James Version of the Bible: Matthew 11:5
"The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them."
Physical healing is a blessing from God and I truly claim it for myself; but the greatest healing of all is when one realizes that they ARE blind, deaf and most of the time in need of a reality check. This is such a very complex, hurried society that we live in and we don't have even a clue as to what this passage may actually mean. How very often in the past, were my eyes blind when it came to the poor? How many times did I listen to the secular TV programs of today that promote the things that God hates? With little sensitivity, I went through my daily life doing what everyone else did; laughing at racial jokes, using profanity and living for my own comfort and gain. It is difficult to open ones eyes, ears and heart to the things that Jesus is concerned about. How often did I take for granted the abilities that I did possess and not realize from whence they came.
Creation is ever changing. The seasons, the beauty, the complexity of nature is God's gift to us to enjoy and you know, we are NEVER satisfied. Too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry; complaints ever-present while before our very eyes God puts on an exhibit of His own splendor painting the sky each and every night with a sunset that is never like any other. Did you ever wonder why the smallest of birds have such a joyful song?
Lord, while you strengthen my legs;. let them do your bidding. Unblock my ears to the cry of the needy, open my hands to serve you and clear my speech to proclaim to the world Your mighty goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment