
I often wonder why God breathed life into Adam and waited to create Eve. In Genesis, 3:18 it is written: Then the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him." I often tell Jerry, in fun, that God really knew what he was doing when He put Adam to sleep and took one of his ribs and "fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man."
Can you imagine the world with only men in it? I often thought God must have watched Adam scramble to keep things orderly or to sit in front of numerous types of fruit trees not even contemplating inventing a luscious fruit cocktail with just the right amount of cherries minus the pits. I wonder, in God's time, just how long it took for God to determine in His finite wisdom that this "just Adam" thing was not going to work very well. Not long, is my guess!
I can hear them now, probably after their eyes had been opened, "Please Adam, go put something on! I can almost picture Adam walking sheepishly up to Eve saying, "Does this fig leaf go with this eucalyptus leaf?" I can almost see God when he entered the Garden of Eden on a day to day basis,He was no doubt shaking his head wondering what to do with Adam's disorder. You know after creating the world and having everything so very orderly; the ocean goes only this far, the stars shine here, the sun is this far from the earth, and so forth. God is a pretty precise Creator. So undoubtedly God wanted man to be somewhat organized, too. Without a "helper" that just wasn't going to happen.
They always say "Behind a great man is a great woman." From the beginning of time this has been an infallible truth. Just take poor Moses. Wifeless, therefore he had no one to tell him to be awfully careful with those two tablets. You know a woman would have probably badgered him until he would have either given one to her or been sent to anger management long before the damage was done. I could almost hear her now. "Moses, please be careful you're going to drop those things, give one to me." "Moses, Sweetheart, breath, count to ten, step away from the tablets! But NO, Moses had to climb that mountain one more time, admit what he did, and ask for another copy. You know perhaps it was better that he wasn't married at the time. He no doubt would have been nagged to death by the statement "What were you thinking?" or "I can't believe you did that!"
Of course all of this is in fun. It would do all of us ladies good to realize that we were actually put here to HELP our men to be organized and serve the Lord. That's a pretty important role, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment