Thursday, August 28, 2008

A TIME OF TRANSITION.


It was a lonely walk down the path this afternoon. Cory and I decided to take our afternoon stroll between the rain showers. It had been raining quite heavily and there were puddles to roll through. The dampness suggested a light fall jacket was in order, but the air was still humid. It's kind of a transitional time. You know, the summer is almost over, it's time to cover up the pool and start gathering things up. Even nature has peeked and it is starting to turn brown and pull back from the light of the sun. As we walked, I even noticed some of the leaves turning already. Kind of melancholy, that's how I felt and as we walked next to the pond there were no fishermen, no Village Workers cutting grass, or little ones playing in the park.

Soon our walks will be brief and hurried. The dampness often gets to my bones and I won't linger at our favorite stops. The sun will have to turn into the Light of the Son to keep me content and calm. I've got lots to keep me busy these next six months. God willing, my book will sell enough copies to make a difference in some peoples' lives. Kerry will get back on her feet and the boys will thrive. I'm going to be vacationing in Florida for awhile after the holidays and I'm looking forward to writing another book.

I often feel like I am going through a transitional period. Everyday brings changes and new opportunities. Besides new aches and pains, I often feel like there are so many possibilities that could take place. It's like you just know something big is going to happen, you just don't know what. BUT You know that you know! These periods of waiting on the Lord can be just as trying as going through a valley.

Rollingaround in the Light of the Son is a never ending process. Whatever the season of the year or the season of life I am indeed thankful that His Light bathes my path in goodness and blessings. Help me, Lord, to realize that just around the bend is a new and better opportunity to serve You.

And it's still raining....

No comments: