Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy spring!

Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it? The winter is over, my crocuses have peeked their heads out and I am ready for the beautiful weather. What a winter I've had! Everyone I talk to complains that it has indeed been a long one. For me, it has indeed gone by quickly!! All I can say is "Wow, that was interesting!

Life is never boring around here. I feel like my best years are happening right now. I often hear "older" people complaining that their lives are boring. Well, not this old gal's! You will never hear that from me. Maybe it was my therapy sessions. They helped make my muscles stronger and my mood sunnier. It just seems to lift my spirits to see others fighting to get stronger. The pace may be grueling, but a little pushing one's limits never hurts anyone. It usually always pays off. If not physically, then it can pay off by getting one around others who are in the same boat. Misery loves company, right?

Living with a husband who is a natural easy-going guy helps when your best friend comes to live in your basement quarters for an unspecified amount of time. I love to be around people and so it is great having someone to talk to when I get lonely. Someone to cook dinner, go to church with and just be there. What a lucky woman I am! I've learned so much about the ways of the homeless, the lessons in the Bible and what it's like to live with two men who hold your needs and comfort as their top priority. Sweet indeed!

Finding a Spirit filled Church has also been something that the past season has brought my way. Not that I'm not happy in my Joliet Church, but learning and growing in one's faith is always a goal of mine. In Morris, I've found a Church that is a great way to get plugged in with a small congregation and a fiery Pastor. Dancing in the Spirit is a common practice for me on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings.

I just wonder what the next season will bring my way. No telling, but I can assure you that it will be exciting, interesting and unpredictable! No doubt it will never ever be boring!

No comments: